Course Outline | Course Fees |
Innovation Boot Camp for Public Sector
Enabling Transformation for Citizen-Centric Service Delivery
Leading culture change and innovation in the public sector is a growing imperative for strategists, leaders, business architects and managers alike. Tighter budgets among other government challenges are increasing the need for innovation.
During this interactive session, your team will learn methods and thinking tools for developing a rapid innovation process and for building an innovation culture.
The bootcamp will enable participants to work hands-on with innovation methods and tools. Focused upon enabling transformation for citizen-centric service delivery, your team will develop innovation and design thinking capabilities that will enable:
- Citizen-centered services delivery
- Transformation, change and renewal
- Strategic business model innovation
- Performance improvement programs
1. Why Service Innovation?
Improving service delivery to citizens.
- Increasingly complex and uncertain environment
- Core challenges for public sector innovation
- Types of innovation opportunities and horizons
- How do we do innovation?
- Mindsets and skill sets for building an innovation culture
Focusing on client/citizen outcomes.
- Environmental analysis
- Insights: Shifting the perspective from you to the client
- Who is the client: When is the citizen not the client?
- Generative research
- Client profiles
- Outcomes and jobs-to-be-done
From empathy to eureka.
- Value proposition canvas
- Mapping the value proposition
- Exploring new ideas: Observations, themes, ‘how might we’ methods
- Napkin Sketches: Framing possible solutions
4. Business model innovation.
The need for a common language.
- Visual thinking
- Business models as a blueprint for public service strategy
- The business model and mission canvas: Nine components to describe, analyze and change what the organization does
- Understanding model dynamics
5. Making it real.
Prototyping and Client/Citizen Validation
- Reducing risk and uncertainty
- Lean Startup methods – Applying the ‘build–measure–learn’ loop
- Value of early prototypes
- Testing and validation methods
- Client/citizen engagement
6. Leading innovation.
Creating a roadmap for the future.
- Creating a clear sense of purpose: 3 essential conversations about innovation
- Evidence based management – sure, but the right evidence
- Push versus Pull strategies
- The role of Design Sprints
- Sustaining a culture of innovation
Who should attend
Senior Vice President/Director
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Chief Innovation Officer
Chief Design Officer
Director General, Innovation
Chief Digital Officer
Director, Business Innovation
Director, Service Design
Director, Service Innovation
Director, Social Innovation
Chief Enterprise Architect
Director, Strategic Partnerships
Vice President/Director IS
Information Systems Manager
Chief Design Officer
Change Management Specialist
Tier 1 IS/Innovation Consultant
Research and Development Lead
back to top
What your colleagues say about Intervista Courses
“I congratulate you on the high caliber of your speakers they bring a wealth of knowledge to supplement the course material.”
Director, Information Management
NB Department of Transportation
“Absolutely excellent, current and immediately applicable.”
“The pragmatic approach is helpful and appreciated.”
Commonwealth of Pensylvannia
(Intervista is now offering DAMA & EAIG members a 10% discount on all of our courses)
3-Day Executive Session
| Small teams
(5 to 9 participants: fee per participant).
Large teams inquire for additional discount.
4 weeks prior to session date.
Must be received one day prior to session. No participant will be admitted into the course without prior payment arrangement.
Applicable taxes extra. All prices are in USD.
*Promotional offers cannot be combined with our discounts. Credit card payment required at time of registration.
Build your team capability on-site
Intervista relates emerging methodologies espoused by advanced innovation hubs and delivers these approaches conveniently to your team in an on-site 3-day interactive session.
Contact us about how to schedule this course on-site for teams of 12 or more.
Each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion, hard copy of courseware and a notebook.
1. Why Service Innovation?
4. Business model innovation
5. Making it real
6. Leading innovation
Michael Lachapelle is a member of the Intervista faculty as well as a business design and transformation consultant with more than 12 years’ experience in both the corporate and public sectors.
Learn more about our faculty
Whether you are an innovation leader or any professional, managing change is a fact of life. Our membership program will put the resources at your finger tips to help you manage the future faster. Learn more