2-Day Executive Program
(Optional 3-Day on site program also available)
Course Outline | Course Fees | What your colleagues say | PDF Version |
This session is ideal for teams responsible for product, service innovation or transformation. Balancing inspiration with structure, team members will learn strategies for ideation, client insights and creating business models for success.
1. Reboot. Why an innovation focus for the new normal.
- Drivers of business and government in the new reality
- Changing the 21st century mindset
- Importance of continuous re-configuration
- What you should stop doing ad when to disengage
- Rethinking resource management
2. You say plan, I say pivot. Rethinking plan-based
for discovery-driven innovation.
- Why Silicon Valley pivots and why it matters to the rest of us
- The innovation mantra – “burn the business plan”
- From inception to implementation
- Continuum and types of innovation in organizations
- Developing an innovation culture: Think, Design, Collaborate, Lead
3. The myth of the Eureka moment. Where do good
ideas come from?
- Innovation ecosystems and environments that lead to innovation
- Core skills of innovators
- Developing insights
- Nurturing good ideas: The slow hunch, idea collisions and fluid networks
4. Design Thinking. Discovering new growth
opportunities for your enterprise.
- Business model canvas
- Business design environment
- Innovation triggers: epicentres of change and ‘what if’ questions
- Drivers of innovation and the power of ‘what if’ questions
- Prototyping ideas and understanding iterative development
5. Customer Insight. Customer-centric approaches for
- Empathy: Understanding the job-to-be-done
- Creating customer profiles
- Mapping the value proposition
- Value differentiation
6. The reality check. Collaborative approaches to
validating innovation ideas.
- Reducing risk and uncertainty
- Customer development process
- Assumption testing process
- Lean Startup methods – Applying the ‘build–measure–learn’ loop
- Customer engagement through Innovation Games
- Customer relationship management strategies
7. Leading innovation. Creating a roadmap for the future.
- Getting beyond the idea to implementation
- Importance of frameworks, roles and mindset
- Evidence based management – sure, but the right evidence
- Creating a clear sense of purpose: 3 essential conversations about innovation
Who should attend
Chief Innovation Officer
Vice-President / Director
Chief Design Officer
Chief Information Officer
Program Director / Manager
Vice President / Director
Research Development Lead
Product / Program Design
Customer Experience Director
Consumer Insight Lead
Product Adoption Manager
Project Manager / Leader
Knowledge Management Specialist
Change Management Specialist
Tier 1 IS / Innovation Consultant
Human Factors Specialist
Business Process Specialist
on-site team courses
Contact us about how to schedule this course on-site for teams of 12 or more.
Or call us at 1-800-397-9744.
2. You say plan, I say pivot
3. The myth of the Eureka moment
4. Design Thinking
5. Customer Insight
6. The reality check
7. Leading innovation
Michael Lachapelle is a member of the Intervista faculty as well as a business design and transformation consultant with more than 12 years’ experience in both the corporate and public sectors.
As course leader, he shares his expertise in business design and innovation, enterprise business analysis, business architecture, policy analysis and business model innovation.
Learn more about our faculty.
Why Time Matters When
it Comes to Innovation
"I really am excited about taking the methodology back to the office…..and more excited to apply it. Excellent material and application, Instructor was extremely knowledgeable and experienced."
"Very enjoyable and knowledgeable instructor. Particularly liked real world examples used as reference points."
"I congratulate you on the high caliber of your speakers they bring a wealth of knowledge to supplement the course material."
"Very interesting and will be really useful in conversations with prospective clients."
"Thanks to the presenter and team - Great stuff!"