Course Outline | Course Fees | PDF Version |
Cloud in the Enterprise
Implementing next generation architecture for strategic advantage.
Cloud is a game changer. The impact of cloud adoption will ultimately change the role of IT.
It’s a career changer too. Don’t get left behind.
Solution, Information and Business Architects and other IT team members need to understand the migration to a Cloud-based architecture now. This interactive 3-day workshop provides teams with the latest methods, best practices and emerging technologies for implementing a cloud environment.
Team members will also learn lessons from Real World implementations in government and enterprise as well as benefit from hands-on sessions on how to develop effective roadmaps for the successful adoption of cloud in their organization.
1. Cloud Computing Strategies for Enterprise IT Transformation
Why a Cloud Architecture now?
2. The Evolution of the Cloud Enterprise.
- The changing nature of business and IT capability
- Types of Cloud: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and others
- Drivers of the adoption of Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- What is inhibiting adoption
- Gotchas and common concerns
A World of Virtual Services.
- The Cloud as a “Virtual Machine” with unlimited resources
- What’s right for you? Public, Private, Hybrid Cloud
- Characteristics of the Cloud Environment
- Selecting and prioritizing which areas of the business and which applications to migrate to the Cloud
- Real World look: Federal Government General Services Administration (GSA)
3. Cloud-based Enterprise Applications.
A platform for Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Services and Service Model-driven approaches
- Components of Service Oriented Architecture
- Location independence of services and end points
4. Big Data and the Cloud.
Implementing Virtual Information Services.
- The data center squeeze: Increase resource demand and reduced budget
- The Hadoop environment
- Cloud service offerings for Big Data
5. Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- A platform for digital transformation.
- Enabling digital first customer experience
- Front-end and back-end platform capability
- The last mile: Geo-enabled capabilities
6. Planning Your Cloud Strategy.
A Roadmap for migrating to the Cloud.
- Cloud Buyers’ Requirements Questionnaire
- The business case for cloud:
Considering ROI of Cloud services
- Licensing: What architects should know
- Extending governance to the cloud
- Where is my data and why does it matter
- Developing Your Road Map
7. Real World Cloud Services.
Options, configurations and risks.
- Infrastructure as Service (IaaS) vs. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- On-premises and service based cloud
- Backup, DR and archiving
- Load balancing and elastic capacity
- Charge back schemes
8. Security concerns.
Balancing IT capability and exposure.
- Risks to virtualized systems
- Design principles for security
- Vendor Quality of Service (QoS)
- Vendor agreements and security
9. Selecting a vendor.
A look at what’s out there.
The players, their service offerings, alliances and strategies as well as the impact of recent mergers
- Evolutions in service offerings and other technology providers
10. Managing the evolving cloud.
Migrating to a Cloud architecture.
- Governance and the cloud environment
- Managing instances of virtual machines
- Data storage
- Roles of IT jobs and Enterprise, Solutions and Information Architects
- What will IT look like in 5 to years?
3-Day Executive Session
| Small teams
(5 to 9 participants: fee per participant).
Large teams inquire for additional discount.
4 weeks prior to session date.
Must be received one day prior to session. No participant will be admitted into the course without prior payment arrangement.
Applicable taxes extra. All prices are in USD.
*Promotional offers cannot be combined with our discounts. Credit card payment required at time of registration.
Contact us about how to schedule this course on-site for teams of 12 or more.
3 Day Program Overview
1. Cloud for Enterprise IT Transformation
2. The Evolution of the Cloud Enterprise
3. Cloud-based Enterprise Applications
4. Big Data and the Cloud
5. Mobile Enterprise Applications
6. Planning Your Cloud Strategy
7. Real World Cloud Services
8. Security concerns
9. Selecting a vendor
10. Managing the evolving cloud
Enable your transformation with these related programs.
as a Service
Learn the principles of information as a service and the role of semantics
Learn how to align your services with a client-centric Business Architecture
What your colleagues say about Intervista courses.
"Great overview and very stimulating presentation... Three days of course provides great conceptual and practical understanding...”
“An excellent review of SOA and coverage of the various aspects of SOA.”
Ministry of Transport